Friday, November 03, 2006

friday

hi peeps !

well friday has been a bit rubbish. pishing it down woth rain all through
the night and stilll sloshing it down in the morning.

so sky diving off, and paramotoring off.

went to the mall in thursdays shit weather day, so nowt much else to do
really. sea was rough so scuba out, clouds completely covered table
mountain so not much of a view to be had from driving out there.

so I decided best thing to do was to wait it out in my bed. . with any luck
it would clear up late afternoon and I could get a few flights in.

but it didnt.. . . it was still blowing gale and pissing it down in the
afternoon.

finally got up at 6pm, and went down to the front for some scran. typing
this at 8pm in the news cafe bar.

bloody email to blog is sh1te... most of the time they just seem to
disappear, and pictures mostly dont make it. . . Im sure it something
simple, but all ive got is my little clie handhelld for wifi access, which
is really quick, but limited capabilities means i can edit my blog directly
(XHTML support).

or I go to the netcafe down here and ue the pcs. . but they are on a pig
slow (5k a sec) link.

so, I emailed some folk the picture of my tangled shoot deploy. Ill add it
here if i can get it workng.

weather looks better for tomorrow. play it by ear in the morning, if i can
sky dive i will as i need to get some progression there.

sat or sun there is a front coming in, so its looking like we will have to
start getting up 6am, and driving inland to escape the wind.

I want to progress on the sky diving, but at the end of the day I dont have
a sky diving rig wwaiting to be flown when i get back . . I do have a
paramotor.

so number 1 priority is to get to a decent level of competance on the
paramotor. The more sky diving I can fit around that the better.

I had to get some cash out yesterday to pay for the sky diving, so i changed
850 quid i brought over in the bank...

since things are aboot 1\3 the price in SA, plus even then expensive for
most SAicans, this appears to be the equivalent of 6K or summit !

anyhoo, i was alright with just getting cash out until he cashier starting
asking me why i needd so much cash and then (while her colleagues told her
to shut up) started telling me how dangerous SA is, and that this time of
year is the peak for crime and how she wouldnt travel anywhere with that
sort of money bla bla.

anyway, the rands were all in 100s so I had about a 2 inch roll of the
feckers.

Feeling self consious now and not wanting to appear a mugging target, i
stuck the roll down my pants. :-)

what else. . . well where my car is parked just now it is "guarded" by 2
locals with baseball bats.... its unclear whether the baseball bats are to
ward of potential car thiefs or to encourage you to tip well. . .

you can scuba dive in an aqurium tank full of sharks here. sounds a bit
lame-o touristy to me, but if i get another crap day Ill probably do that.

l8r.

stu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home